“I want to be a Doctor when I grow up”……I remember saying this to my Dad when I was quite young……But then as time went by I realized that blood was my greatest weakness…so this option somehow got ruled out…and I could sense my inclination towards media….I started with my example because I then feel connected to you…people reading my blog…
Each and every child has some dreams and aspirations and education is a tool to reach to the desired goal…So education plays a very important role in a child’s life…Someone has rightly said….”The child’s mind is like a wet cement, whatever falls on it makes an impression…” Right from childhood till the time we finish our studies our parents and the society we live in keep pestering us to score high marks in exam, to excel, get into a decent company….in short earn a handsome salary…
But the biggest question is: Will handsome salary be able to buy happiness in life?
Should monetary gains be the only end product of education in our lives?
We devote approximately 20 years of our life to education and after 20 years of struggle and pestering we emerge out to be greedy (running after money) , inhuman and selfish human beings (thinking more about letting the other person down than planning for our success) ….in short “uneducated illiterates”…..(sorry to be harsh…truth actually hurts a lot sometimes…)
After 20 years of education what should really matter is the kind of human beings we evolve into…It really doesn’t add feather to your cap if you hold a degree from a foreign university, speak highly accented English and treat your elders like shit and can’t take sagacious decisions for yourself…
It’s easy to be literate but being educated is an asset…The education I am talking about doesn’t need you to attend any lecture…It is highly probable that a person can be illiterate but highly educated…educated about the values that should be the distinctive feature of human beings…
The day we realize this fact and start working more towards making ourselves educated, it would be then that we would not only think of our needs…we would feel pain in others sufferings too, we would think twice before hurting someone (be it on religious or political grounds)…. We would then rise above the barrier of I, Me, Myself….I think then education will find its real meaning and the world will be a lot better place to live in…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteNice thot .
ReplyDeleteBut we need to be pragmatic and accept that nothing of this sort is really feasible at this age.And I wouldnt say its even right to follow ur funda .Even if ,say u and me start behaving "Educated" like the way u said ,we'll only end up on the losers' side .
Having moral values is fine but u need to see wat kind of ppl u are dealing with as well .
thanx a ton for da comment....but i think a change can be brought by a single person thinking about it and mobilising people around him....cuz if our freedom fighters would have this notion that da scenario is unfavorable and we are slaves so what can we do for the country....if they wud hav thot so i m sorry to say that but then u wud not have been in the condition walking freely on streets today...folks its just a matter to ponder a bit...its very easy to say "its not possible" but a commendable task to make the impossible seem possible....
ReplyDeleteOk in that case ,Wats ur master plan ??
ReplyDeleteJust by saying we need to change doesnt help .U should have devised a plan saying what reforms u are looking for .
If I like ur ideas I wont step back in promoting the same !!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI second your thought...that ultimate goal of education should not be money...Yes money can't buy happiness, but some how its more comfortable to cry in a BMW than on cycle...we hardly have education system that gives us moral education...we don't accept the fact that one candle can light 1000 others...the day we will realise this our education system will change...we will not give any importance to any to any one becauses he or she is having foreign degree or etc etc etc
ReplyDelete